Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday - Runday...

Ever heard of the term Sunday-Funday?!  Well if you haven't, I have taken the liberty of finding the urban dictionary definition for you:


1.sunday funday260 up32 down
By celebrating the "Sunday Funday" you can extend your weekend festivities just a little longer before hanging up your party pants. This day typically starts out with mimosas or bloody marys aka hair of the dog. It then typically continues through out the day until you find yourself wasted by about 6:30ish. Since the "Funday" ends early enough, you can rest assured that you will go to bed aka pass out early enough to be perfectly refreshed for work on monday morning.
Basically Sunday funday is just an excuse for college students to have a little more fun on their weekend, some college students even think it is better than a Thursday night... I would agree. However, it has been so long, that I forgot what a REAL Sunday-funday is... but what the hell, I'll go ahead and brag about mine anyways!
This Sunday morning, Mike and I woke up completely (not) hungover, probably because we went to bed at 11 the night before. Yes, 11. Yes, on a Saturday night. Try not to judge though, because believe me, when you are pregnant, 11 feels like you've been partying all night! Mike clearly has no excuse.... After we managed to make our way out of bed at about 8:30, we made pancakes for breakfast. Then the fun really began! We decided to enjoy this beautiful fall day, and go to Chattahoochee National Park. I was feeling adventurous, so we decided to go hiking. Once we were done with the hike, we got back on the main trail with all of the other runners. It must have been something about watching a bunch of older out of shape people running, that made me feel compelled to also "run". It took me a few minutes to convince Mike to run with me, but he finally gave in. I don't think he has ever been more embarrassed in his life. First of all I looked ridiculous running with my giant belly. Secondly - Everyone was watching, waiting for Madeline to fall out with every strut, and third of all he probably looked like a real asshole for letting his pregnant wife run around. Oh, did I mention how slow my run was? Mike could power walk at my running pace.... That is a pretty tough pill to swallow, considering I was playing college soccer about 7 months ago. Talk about a wake up call... I am slowly transitioning from athlete - to cow - to mom.
After we got done "running", we went home and cleaned, I studied, and then we went grocery shopping and cooked dinner, then I returned to studying. Talk about a CRAZY sunday! We really live on the edge now days. I didn't even mention the most challenging and rigorous part of my day.... shaving. Wow talk about a work out. It is REALLY hard to do, when you have a giant belly in your way. Luckily, it is getting cooler, so I can slack on that.

On another note, only 8 more weeks until Madeline is FULLY developed and I can pop the little nugget out! I couldn't be more excited... A lot of women say that they love being pregnant. Well I love NOT being pregnant. Growing a baby is about as fun as ironing.


1 comment:

  1. this is so freaking hilarious. So happy i got to read this.Hope the last two go well!
    Carly

    ReplyDelete